October 18-20, 2012
Thank you for joining us for this year’s annual CONTACT USA / NASCOD conference for crisis center program directors.W
We hope you were able to connect with others in your field and are able to leave energized with new ideas for building on your centers success!
Thursday, October 18, 2012 6:30pm-8:30pm
- 6:30pm – Opening Banquet
- Managing a Sustainable Call Center: Deeloping Governance that works and Creating Financial Stability by Becci Reedus, Director of the Crisis Center – Iowa City, IA
- governance powerpoint
- Recommended Reading:
- Governance as Leadership: Reframing the Work of Nonprofit Boards by Richard P. Chait, William P. Ryan, & Barbara E. Taylor. ISBN: 0-471-68420-1 (Amazon Link)
- IOWA Principles and Practices for Charitable Nonprofit Excellence, Revised Edition, 2008, from the University of Iowa; For More information, Contact the Larned A. Waterman Iowa Nonprofit Resource Center, http://inrc.continuetolearn.uiowa.edu.
- The Principles Workbook: Steering Your Board Toward Good Governance and Ethical Practice, A companion to The Principles for Good Governance and Ethical Practice: A Guide for Charities and Foundations by Independent Sector and Boardsource. Available at http://www.independentsector.org
- Update on Health Care Form and How it Will Affect Crisis Centers by Nina Marshall, Director of Public Policy for the Natinoal Council for Community Behavioral Healthcare, – Washington, DC.
- Panel: Recruiting and Managing Phone and Chat Specialists – Paid, Volunteer and a Blend of the Two by LaNiece Jones, Vice President of Programs for Neighborhood Service Organizations – Detroit, MI; Tom Buckley, Associate Call Center Director for CrisisLink – Arlington, VA; and Jeremy Jaramillo, Associate Director of Agora Crisis Center – Albuquerque, NM
- Panel: Effective Use of Social Media and Networking by Shye Louis, 2-1-1/Life Line Manager at Goodwill of the Finger Lakes – Rochester, NY & Ron White, Chief Program Officer at Samaritans, Inc. – Boston, MA
- Shye’s PowerPoint Presentation and Materials:
- Effective Use of Social Media and Networking
- Legal Risks in Social Media Use by Nonprofits
- The First 10 Things to Do When Getting Started on Twitter _ Constant Contact Blogs
- Getting Started on Twitter thread
- 10 Social Media Mistakes Everyone Makes
- Getting Help Online – NSPL
- Ron White’s Presentation:
- Shye’s PowerPoint Presentation and Materials:
- NASCOD/CUSA Member Meetings
- Designing Useful Outcome Measures by Patty Emord, Collaborative Solutions Consulting
- Active Engagement and Rescue During Calls and Chats by Sarah Knox, Network Coordinator for CONTACT USA, Iowa City, IA
- Self Care and Stress Management for You and Your Staff by Molly McCoy Brack, Director of Agora Crisis Center, Albuquerque, NM
Why should you attend…
- Enhance your Vision and Leadership skills to aid your success!
- Workshops focus on management and leadership skills that will cultivate your effectiveness as a program Director/Manager.
- National networking opportunities available with experts in the crisis center field.
- Seek out information on specific issues and challenges that you are facing as a Director/Manager.
Here’s what previous attendees had to say:
“what a joy to spend time with other people who are facing the same challenges as myself and managing to come out on top!”
“the work we do at crisis centers is stressful…joyful…invigorating. The conference reminded me why I struggle through the difficult times and showed me that there is a whole network of people out there who are willing to help and support me.”
Hotel Albuquerque, 800 Rio Grande Blvd, NW, Albuquerque, NM 87104
Functions Thursday, Friday and Saturday! So don’t book your departing flights until Sunday!
Online Registration is Closed. To Check for availability, Please contact Mary Drexler at:
Taxi Cab rides are roughly $25/person. Sunport shuttle was the best bargain during the board’s visit.
Albuquerque Cab Company: 505-883-4888. www.albuquerquecab.com
Rio Rancho Cab: 505-506-1111. www.rioranchocab.com
Sunport Shuttle: 505-883-4888. Cost is roughly $15/person – $5 each additional passenger; Round trip discounts available. Run by Albuquerque cab company, however, is cheaper for airport runs.www.sunportshuttle.com
Scholarships: There are only a couple scholarships available. If you are interested in a scholarship, please email Mary Drexler at email@example.com with a statement as to why you need a scholarship.
Do not make your own hotel reservations if you have registered for the conference with a hotel room. CUSA/NASCOD will make your hotel reservation. If you choose to register for the conference without a hotel room (at the lower price) then you will need to make your own hotel reservations.
If you choose to stay longer at the hotel, you will need to contact the conference hotel at 505-843-6